Healthcare Reform/Affordable Care Act
Information Regarding the Patient Protection and Portable Care Act (PPACA)
Healthcare Reform, also referred to as Health Care Reform, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or, fully, the Patient Protection and Portable Care Act (PPACA), was signed into law on March 23, 2010. Sweeping health insurance reforms are being rolled out over multiple years; most changes took place by 2014.
ACA Dates/Deadlines, Info, Checklist, Definitions
- Group Health Plan Key ERISA-Required Notices and Filings 2015
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Compliance Checklist 2015
Checklists and information on Healthcare Reform including:
- Evaluating Grandfathered Status of Group Health Plans
- Cost Sharing Limits
- Self-Funded Group Plans
- Employer Shared Responsibility Penalty Rules
- One-year Delay for Medium-sized ALEs (50–99 FTEs)
- Transition Relief for Non-calendar Year Plans
- Overall Health Plan Coverage Review
- Explanation of Affordability and Minimum Value
- Full-time Employee Definition
- Compliance with Coverage Reporting Requirements
The Official ACA Website
healthcare.gov — Helpful information on the Affordable Care Act and the changes that have resulted from its passage.
September 2015: In this webinar, Trey Tompkins (president, Admin America) addresses concerns about your sponsored group health care plan and its compliance with 2015 ERISA documentation requirements.
Two Distinct Sets of PPACA Reporting Requirements
May 2015: This video explains key differences between two different sets of IRS reporting requirements: Employer Mandate (Large Employer Reporting, IRS Code 6056) and Individual Mandate (Minimum Essential Coverage, IRS Code 6055).*
* From Cigna: “Correction: Slides 7 and 16 of our presentation incorrectly noted that self-insured small employers must only complete Parts I and III of Form 1095-B for the purposes of Minimum Essential Coverage reporting. Self-insured small employers will also need to complete Part IV of the 1095-B form.”
BIS Benefits, in conjunction with Assurant Employee Benefits and Proskauer, hosted a webinar on Healthcare Reform. View and listen to the presentation here.
Stay Up to Date
Of course, if you have questions regarding employee benefits and insurance related to the Affordable Care Act, the experts at BIS Benefits are here to help.