Healthcare Reform/Affordable Care Act
Information Regarding the Patient Protection and Portable Care Act (PPACA)
Healthcare Reform, also referred to as Health Care Reform, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or, fully, the Patient Protection and Portable Care Act (PPACA), was signed into law on March 23, 2010. Sweeping health insurance reforms are being rolled out over multiple years; most changes took place by 2014.
ACA Dates/Deadlines, Info, Checklist, Definitions
- Group Health Plan Key ERISA-Required Notices and Filings 2015
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Compliance Checklist 2015
Checklists and information on Healthcare Reform including:
- Evaluating Grandfathered Status of Group Health Plans
- Cost Sharing Limits
- Self-Funded Group Plans
- Employer Shared Responsibility Penalty Rules
- One-year Delay for Medium-sized ALEs (50–99 FTEs)
- Transition Relief for Non-calendar Year Plans
- Overall Health Plan Coverage Review
- Explanation of Affordability and Minimum Value
- Full-time Employee Definition
- Compliance with Coverage Reporting Requirements
The Official ACA Website
The official government site is healthcare.gov, where you’ll find helpful information regarding the Affordable Care Act and the changes that have resulted from its passage.
Healthcare Reform/ACA Webinar Video
BIS Benefits, in conjunction with Assurant Employee Benefits and Proskauer, hosted a webinar on Healthcare Reform. View and listen to the presentation here:
Stay Up to Date
Of course, if you have questions regarding employee benefits and insurance related to the Affordable Care Act, the experts at BIS Benefits are here to help.